South Africa Handbook Footprint
The South Africa Handbook Footprint is invaluable for your trip to South Africa. The world knows South Africa first and foremost, for its incredible natural beauty. Your trip will take you through some of the most varied extreme environments in the world. The country offers landscapes as different as the tropical beaches of KwaZulu Natal to the sweeping emptiness of the Kalahari Desert.
Come to South Africa to see the Big Five. This is the collective term for elephant, rhino, buffalo, leopard and lion. But there are numerous other equally interesting animals, birds and marine species. Moreover, the choice of excellent parks and reserves across the country virtually guarantees sightings.
Being outdoor is very much a way of life here. You can try hiking and surfing, or opt for one of the booming adrenaline sports such as bungee jumping or scuba-diving. South Africa’s history is compelling too. From the early hunter-gatherers to the arrival of the Europeans, to the breakdown of Apartheid, it’s history is amazing. Moreover, cave paintings, colonial architecture, lively townships, moving battlefields and contemporary museums reflect this.
The country’s vibrant cities are home to a fascinating mix of cultures and religions. There’s fast-paced sophistication of Johannesburg and Tshwane (Pretoria). Come and experience the steamy humidity and spicy Indian influence of Durban. Likewise, enjoy the spectacular setting and quirky beach-side hedonism of Cape Town.
- Includes information on how to get there and how to get around
- Carefully planned itineraries to help you have the best possible experience whether you’re traveling for one, two or three weeks
- The heart of the guide is divided by region, giving comprehensive information on Cape Town and the Winelands, Western Cape, Garden Route, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu Natal, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West Province, Free State, Northern Cape, Lesotho and Swaziland
- Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every region, enabling you to have an even better travel experience
- Full-color mini atlas will help you get your bearings and plan your journeys
- Additional full-color section exploring South Africa’s spectacular wildlife with gorgeous photographs of the types of wildlife you can expect to see and where to see it
- From the tropical beaches of KwaZulu Natal to the quirky beach-side hedonism of Cape Town, Footprint’s fully updated 11th edition will help you get to the heart of this incredible and varied country.
There are no reviews yet.